Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I Said "I Do"

David,

9 Years ago today, I said "I Do" and married you...the squirrely, 6-foot-tall, 22-year-old pretty faced boy whom I fondly called Tommy. I look back on that day and say to myself, "Silly kids...y'all had no idea what was in store!" But gosh, I looked into your eyes back then and only knew one thing...I DO love you and I WILL stand by the "for better or worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and health". Who knew how those would fall into our lives. We have defiantly triumphed thru all of those...the good and the bad. While the times may have been tough we have always come thru. I get on your nerves trying to be a perfectionist and you get on mine with your laid back approach. But we were made perfect for each other...a true helpmate for each other. God is so smart! He brought us together in circumstances and ways we would have never thought of on our own. We have shared much laughter and many tears, and I'm so thankful for you.

Thank you for being the husband I need just when I need it. Thank you for being the shoulder to cry on just when I need it. Thank you for being a vessel of God's Truth just when I need it. Thank you for being the vent catcher just when I need it. Thank you for being the Daddy just when we all need it. I know I could never show you enough for tell you enough how thankful I am that I have you, but I am. I love you very much, David and although the last 9 years haven't been easy, they have been the best 9 years of my life!

Love,
Angel Girl

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God." --1 John 4:7


The best day ever!


I love you!


Just threw this one in here as a Gift for David!
The force is strong with this one.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Anniversary David and Billie! I love you!

The Proctors said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Alison said...

I've heard that Yoda "kicks butt"!!! LOL!!
Isn't weird to think that we have made it 9 years!! WOW!
Love yall and Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

well I liked it up until the Yogurt or yoda or whatever you call him picture...
The picture of you two sleeping will always be one of my favorite pics of you two! I love ya!