Thursday, September 22, 2011

Oh, Happy Day Part Deux!

I remember this day, June 28, 2007...it was a Thursday...so very well.

(If you haven't ever read that story or haven't in a while, I encourage you to click on the link and go read it. Mainly for the similarities in the stories but also to laugh at the phone she was on back then LOL!)

It happened again.

Last night.

In my den.

Luke had been asking some very serious and very deeeeepppp questions about Jesus and God and salvation and obedience and baptism for quite some time now. It was usually in the car. He would pipe up with some deep thought and I would kill the radio and My Man would take it away. They would discuss and then it was almost like a brick wall would go up and we would get "Can you turn the radio back on please?" or "Hey, look at that car!" We would drop it and moved on.

Remember, it's not our job to draw.

A week later, it would happen all over again. So we shared this with our pastor and a few others so they could all be praying. We knew it was coming.

Luke just had to let go with all that his 5 (almost 6) year old brain and heart could.

So last night after his bath, he walked into where I was with his Daddy a few steps behind and told me "Did you know that we are sheep? And God is our Shepherd? And it's good for the sheep to obey The Shepherd."

I looked at My Man and we both cocked our head not knowing where this came from. Apparently, he had just been thinking about it in the tub.

But then, he says..."Am I obeying God?"

Take it away, David!

He and My Man settled into the quiet and dark den to talk. I tried not to disturb them, but I could tell...they were talking longer than normal. When My Girl came out of her shower I told her to stay out of the den and why. Now, she has been HEAVY HEARTED for her brother for quite some time. She even told him in the back seat one day while she was telling him of Jesus and what He has done for her life that he was on his way to Hell. Every time he and My Man would start talking in the car, I would look in the rear view mirror and she would be GUIDDY and mouth to me "Today could be the day!!!!" And every time, she would look so disappointed. So when I told her what was going on she ran to her room, hit her knees and cried (literally) out to God for THIS time to be THE time! She came to where I was after her gut wrenching prayer with puffy eyes and alligator tears still streaming while we waited.

And here they came down the hall. Luke walked in with a big smiled on his face and said, "Momma, God loves me!" I said yes He does. "Momma, I'm not going to hewewll!" I asked how he knew that.

"Because Jesus saved me and is in my heart."

Cue the family of 4 standing in my bedroom all crying. Well, Luke wasn't and he couldn't figure out why the rest of us were LOL! After talking to him for just a few minutes and hearing him talk to others on the phone and a conversation with My Man, I knew that Luke had believed with everything that he could at this time. I learned that with My Girl as people asked "well, are you sure? She is so young." We ALL believe with everything we can give AT THAT TIME. And seeing who My Girl is now, there has never been a doubt.

And there is no room for doubt here either!

So now, it was Luke's turn to start calling folks.



And of course, My Girl wasn't very far away from him...



Look at how happy SHE is! Still has tears in her eyes. She looked at me while he was on the phone and said, "This is the best birthday present I could ever ask for!"



He called My Man's parents, my parents, my Grandmother, Grammie Tammy and our former pastor (aka Preacher). And each time he started it with "God loves me!"

Yes He does!

When I talked to My Man this morning he said that Luke was walking around the house this morning singing "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord". And then he stopped and asked, "Is Jesus still in my heart?"

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never parish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand." ~John 10:27-29

Yes, Sweet Boy. He's still there.


1 comment:

Alison said...

I LOVE that last picture! And even more so with him playing with that toy!