Friday, May 11, 2007

My Family

Being a mother has been the greatest and most rewarding job I have ever had. Sure, it gets tough at times, but it is worth it. These moments, even the one of me in the most physical pain a woman can feel, are a testimony to what I was created for. Worship! And being a mother, a Godly mother, is a form of my worship to God. Worship means anything that tells God you love him…what could tell him that more than taking partnership with Him in bringing another child into this world to take on the Great Commission? In the words of a great Christian artist, “This is a moment made for Worshipping!” And that is exactly what David and I have done immediately upon the birth of both of these children.

When I was a little girl, I always dreamed of having a family…but this is far beyond what I ever could have imagined! God has blessed me with a husband who is a picture of Him and what He wants for my life. I love David only 2nd to God and I love the child of God that he is and support and backbone he is for our family. God also saw fit to give me Isabella, and what a blessing. She has taught me so much about faith and trust in the Lord, and to this point she is only 4 years old. She has also taught me so much about unbridled love, one for another. I can do no wrong in her eyes, even when I am having to discipline her. Then there is Lukey. He is teaching me to not take things so seriously. He is a picture of God's Word telling us to come to Him as little children. God, Thank You, for this most precious gift. The gift of love…the gift of laughter…the gift of passion…the gift of life. The gift I call My Family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God Bless us, everyone!