Friday, July 27, 2007

I Want to Be A Part of It!



New York! New York!!! I would just like to say I am so very excited about my upcoming trip. Yes, ma'am, I am! I do not like green eggs and ham. Sorry...a little off track there.

It's a work trip that I take every year, and I've never really been excited except for last year when LeeAnna from church went with me. I work nights while I'm there, so the days were always just eating a Snickers bar in the big king sized bed with the TV on while I slept on and off during the day. The first time I went I woke up early to go to the Wednesday matinee of "The Phantom of the Opera" on Broadway. Fan-tas-tik!!!! Then, last year, LeeAnna and I actually toured the city during the day, which was tons of fun, even in the rain. And going with LeeAnna...I now know what it means to "shop 'till you drop". And girlfriend knows a bargain when she sees one, let me tell ya!

Ever since I started going to NYC, Belle has haggled with me (usually at least 3 or 4 times a week) about when SHE will get to go to NYC. At 3, I was able to work my way around it. As she got older (and I got to take LeeAnna) she became adamant. When I told her she needed to save her money in order to go, she started right there. Her piggy bank is now full! We can actually use her piggy bank as punishment now. She gets it taken away from time-to-time and is crushed! Anyway, this year Alison said she wanted to go with me. That got me excited again. But we were both bummed that Belle couldn't go, as I KNEW she would be when she found out Nana was going. Then, when we found the tickets SO cheap, Alison decided that would be the optimal Birthday gift for her.

The Overstreets got on board and for her baptism bought her tour bus ticket so she can for sure see the Statue of Liberty like she has always wanted (among everything else that city has to offer).



The Barbers also joined in and for her baptism bought her (and I...thanks Momma and Daddy) tickets to see "The Lion King" on Broadway. Yippiee! I'm just giddy with excitement.



So, either this Sunday or next Sunday (depends on if I decided I can handle 1 or 2 weeks of "Is it THIS day we go to New York?") she gets to find out that she is going. Alison wrote her a book that is called "The Surprise" that tells her the story of a little girl who always wanted to go to NYC with her Momma. I can't wait!!! I'll post pictures of her finding out as soon as we decide when to do it.

I also ask for your prayers. Pray for our pilots, flight attendants, smooth (non-scary) travel, protection the entire trip, and even for great weather. Also, Lukey will be in Ashdown having a severe spoiling session with his grandparents during that time. Pray we can fix him when he gets back! The trip is August 12-16th. Thank you in advance, and I praise God for this wonderful opportunity I have to share with my baby girl...who isn't so much a baby anymore...

** Side Note: Please don't tell Tiffany any of this. As far as she is concerned that week, I'm only going to be sick and that's why we can't see each other. She almost got to go with us, but at the last min she couldn't...so she's quite bummed. So we don't talk about it...Tiff...my throat is getting a little sore...

3 comments:

Alison said...

OH I can barely hold in the excitement! Tiff, I believe I feel a sore throat coming on (cough, cough)! ;-)

Tiffany said...

Ya'll aren't right......

Anonymous said...

Lord, help me to contain my jealousy...
ya know, Alison, it's always been a dream of mine to go to NYC...*hint hint* :)