Monday, September 29, 2008

Family Night/Day Edition #13

This one made me laugh more than the others.

It was Belle's birthday party and it was for the "Fashionistas" only.



Since there were so many photos this time, I had to put them in a slide show.

First of all, for all of you who think I'm crazy out there, this IS my gift to her. Every year since both of my kiddos 1st birthdays, I don't really get them a gift. I throw parties that they will remember for the REST of their lives.

And this one won't fail in that department either. I loved it and so did they!



We started with hair, nails and make-up. I mean, what runway show have YOU ever seen where the runway girls look unkept?!?! It wasn't to be that way here either! Once the girls got all of that done, they moved on to decorate their photo frame. They had flowers and jewels and a glittery tag to put on their frame that said, "Their Name" and then "Belle's 6th Birthday 2008". I think they turned out SUPER cute!

Then they headed over to the fashion table to get their scarves, shades and jewelry on for their walk. Yes, yes...I got involved too. I mean, they can't have all the fun. So, Alison queued up the karaoke version of "Vogue" and we took off.

Next, presents! She got so much fun stuff. And a guy I work with gave us this great idea of taking a picture of the guest who gave the present with the girl opening the present. Well, we got almost everyone. After that was cake, icecream and punch. Now, yes that is real cake. And yes, me and Alison made it. Can you believe it? I was throughly proud of it!

Last but not least, the girls needed their goody bags. So, I (in true Billie style) sent them on a treasure hunt. There were clues hidden all over that lead them to their little goodie "purses" full of lipgloss, nail polish, a bracelet and (of course) a ring pop!

We ended the festivities by printing off their photos with the Birthday girl so they could take them home in their new frames.

We were all worn out by the end of the day, but every single little girl came and told me how much they loved this party! And the best part was my own little girl telling me that "this was the bestest party yet".

And that, my friends, is why I do this!

------
You can check out other ideas here.

7 comments:

Alison said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I agree...It was the bestest party ever! Even if I did get a splitting headache while blowing up all those ballons! It was so worth it...nothing a little advil didn't cure!

Andrea said...

Soooo much fun! Loved the idea! You're so helping me with Camryn's party! :)

The Proctors said...

What a great party!! You definitely know how to throw them for the kids! She will always remember it! I hated we missed it!!

Kelly said...

Those pictures are AWESOME! My favorite has got to be the one with you and Belle together in the frame! That looks like such a great party! You go girls on making that cake too!

AliciaG said...

Wow! That will be a tough act to top next year! But it looked like so much fun! I know Camryn said she loved it! And my eyes are now all watery after reading what Belle said. Good memories!

Anonymous said...

UGH!!! I hate that I miss all the good stuff! Looks like it was awesome! And you, my dear, look FABULOUS!! Maybe next year, I'll get to join the festivities!

Anonymous said...

Now those are some fancy girls, looks like fun.Great job! H