Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Little Waterbugs

For the last few years Belle has been in group swimming lessons at a place here in Conway.

And I was never really pleased with the teaching or the results.

So, we quit and tried it on our own at the 'rents pool.

Lesson #1--Baby Girl thinks she can swim and needs zero help from her own 'rents. She CAN swim, but I'm not 100% comfortable with her yet.

Lesson #2--Baby Boy thinks he is Superman. Son...you WILL DROWN!

So, all that last summer lead us to the Red Cross certified team at CRMC Fitness Center. And Monday night was our first night of private lessons.

Lesson #1--Baby Girl can probably swim the English Channel in just a few short weeks! I mean, once she got the one-on-one lessons, she is transforming!

Lesson #2--Baby Boy will get to be Superman soon. When I first discussed my precious little boy with Beth on the phone, she said that some 3-year-olds do better than others depending on their level of fear. I promptly assured her that the letters F E A and R are actually not even usable in Baby Boy's alphabet. She discovered, I was right and he will be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound in no time.

In the mean time, here are some photos from Monday night. We had lessons again Tuesday and the kids were P-U-M-P-E-D! I'll wait a few more weeks and give you some updates.


Here we are...READY to go...


Luke goes first



BIG splash!


Then it's Belle's turn



She remembered so much!

Then...well then...Luke wanted a photo shoot of himself waiting on 'stiter'! Here goes...




More updates in weeks to come!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Oh my goodness...WHAT A HAM! Love those cute trunks!