Monday, November 23, 2009

Ode to My Toes

For those of you who know me know that I would prefer to wear open-toed shoes (preferably cute flip flops or kitten heels) year round.

And a few of you have even seen me in flip flops in the snow.

I've never been the best role model for those trying to avoid pneumonia.

Anywho, in order to wear open-toed shoes all year around it calls for a weekly pedicure. And since I'm so cheap, I won't pay for one. So that means every week I have to do one myself.

And I'm not just talking swiping off the faded and chipped polish and slapping on a new something. Or heaven forbid the sacrilegious act of just covering up said chipped polish with another coat.

I think I just shivered.

I get down to the nitty gritty with my feet...cleaning, buffing, filing, clipping, shaping, filing the bottoms of my feet, sloughing, scrubbing, rinsing, olive oiling, thick goo covering, and finally walking around in socks for a few hours until my precious pedis are ready for some cute polishing.

Basically, I love for my tootsies to feel pretty!

The other night I was testing something on my camera and used my feet as my focal point. And this post came to my mind.

I know. Some people are officially scared now, huh?

So, here is my Ode to My Toes



You take the brunt of all that I am
Day in and day out without call
The trouble I put on you should be enough
To give way and watch me fall

I stuff you in shoes that are snug and tight
And ask you to take me around
To meetings and schools and churches and homes
Oh, if only I would lose some more pounds

But you never complain as you sit back and wait
For the night when I settle life down
We both take the time to refresh and unwind
And clean up for another week's round

And you flash your cute outfit in cute little shoes
And get compliments all the day long
We have a great thing going right here
And our relationship can never go wrong

Yes, I just wrote about the love of my feet.


They are coming with the straight jackets on Wednesday.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

This post was hilarious!! I love it!

I too am not a poster girl for pneumonia either, I HATE closed toed shoes! We are alike on that one! :)