Saturday, August 7, 2010

Still

I needed this reminder, as I know many of my friends do right now. I had a friend going thru a really rough time recently and during our prayer, the Lord allowed me to call to mind these lyrics and sing them boldy to her. There was power there.

And now I have been singing them to myself this evening:

Be Still My Soul/What a Friend ~ Selah

Be still, my soul: The Lord is on your side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain
Be still, my soul: Thy best, Thy heavenly friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul:
The waves and winds still know (still know)
His voice who ruled them
While He dwelt below

Oh, what peace we often forfeit, oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Be still my soul.

No comments: