Monday, May 2, 2011

Cordog-A-Palooza 2011

We haven't been to ToadSuck Daze in a couple of years. We used to go every year.

Mainly for the corndogs.

Don't judge me.

Then Baby Girl came along and we went so she could enjoy the rides and such.

I to instill the deep love of fair corndogs.

Oh, sure. Along the way I found plenty of other enjoyable attributes of ToadSuck Daze. There's the cajun meatpies (where have they gone?), roasted corn on the cob, fried green tomatoes, turkey legs, funnel cakes, fresh lemonade, and I could stay here forever and keep talking about this but I now need a bib for all the drool.

But then life just got in the way.

Till this year. I was supposed to have to work that day, but due to some pretty awesome people, they worked the little bit of my shift for me. And then I realized that Baby Boy last was at ToadSuck when he was an infant. I mean, how could he discover the love of carney food when he was still eating pureed green beans at the time? This was the year to rectify that!

And what is the ONLY thing he wanted?


This.

Don't worry...he still ate half of my corndog, but still. A chocolate covered frozen banana?

Then we headed off to do some riding.


His face is hilarious! The first time this thing jerked him around I thought he was done! But then it became his favorite part.


She ALWAYS wants to ride swings wherever we go. Can't say I blame her.


Funnies part about this? My Man HATES Carnival type things. It all gives him the heebie jeebies. But he took one for the team and rode this with Baby Girl. Rackin' up the Daddy points (and points with Momma while he's at it.)

But at the end of the day...this is what matters...

Memories.

And corndogs.

No comments: