Friday, May 6, 2011

Repost~Last Mother's Day

My heart was blessed this weekend by more than I can say. I spent the day with both sets of our parents and watched all of my Hubs' hard work pay off (another post).

But most importantly I was reminded of how much some homemade crafts can erase all worries.

On Friday my 2 littlest kids busted thru the door and couldn't contain their gifts until Sunday. Oh, no. That would never do!

My Boy brings me this:



That would be a camouflage bird feeder to those of you who can't tell. But how could you not? I mean, it even came with it's own feed!

But the part that I loved most? That he wrote "Luv". He writes his name on things, but that he wrote "Luv".

Then my girl produced what she refers to as "her novel" that she wrote about me.



I read thru this novel and cried and laughed (pictured is the last page). She wrote sweet things, funny things and even almost mean things about me!!! :0 But the entire time I was thinking about the fact that God blessed me immeasurably with a daughter who is a friend. Those of you who know my history with my birth mother know why this means so much to me.

I don't deserve this!

I got sweet cards from our parents and wonderful food all weekend.

Hubs got me a book that I have been wanting but he didn't know I was in great want of it! I was just texting a friend the night before about borrowing her copy when lo and behold I wake up the next day to my very own copy that he had purchased me 2 days earlier.

He is a Rockstar.

From my oldest, Deborah Grace, I got a beautiful hanging plant, some smell goodies a gorgeous bracelet and a kickin shirt! (Can I get an AMEN for kids with their own moolah!!!)But it wasn't until I read her very own version of a novel that she wrote in my card that my heart about burst at the seams again.

I realized my 2 girls are just like me with their wordy selves and my Boy is as functional and practical as his dad.

And I laughed out loud!

I'm so very blessed!

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also and he praises her."

~Proverbs 31:28


No comments: