Wednesday, June 6, 2012

When I Was 14

When I was 14 I had been living with my parents for about a year. I was a sophomore in high school. I had a circle of friends that were to not be traded (whom I still talk to). I was making straight A's on just about everything. I had the perfect little boyfriend. Life was grand. Life was easy. But looking back...life at my first "14" wasn't LIFE.

Today I celebrate a new "14".
One where life has happened.
One where life has come, beat me up, made me laugh and grown me into the person I am today.
This new "14" has made me realize the things that are important and the things that are less important.
This new "14" has seen ups and downs.
This new "14" has made me thankful that God restores the years the locusts have eaten.
This new "14" is the 14th anniversary of the day I married that dufus of a 22 year old...Tommy Boy.
























Holy pajamas! Number one...I would like that waist back from whoever stole it thank you. Number two...why did I marry a 12 year old? But Number three...looking back and seeing what 14 years came out of...is astounding! Those 2 have NOT A CLUE what life would bring them. I'm not here to pretend that life has been "perfect". I think that is the silliest thing ever when people try to convince others of that. So allow me.

These 14 years have been hard. It takes work to make a marriage.
It takes work to raise adults (not kids).
It takes work to remember that you love that person inspite of their faults.
It takes work to realize that they love you inspite of yours.
We have had moments where I wasn't sure we were gonna make it.
We have had moments that no one on this planet knows even exist.
We have had moments where we both were so full of happiness that we were going to burst!
We have had just that, though...moments.
And I'm not gonna lie and say that I wouldn't trade one moment of them. Wrong! There are plenty I would gladly say "Uh...can someone else please take this and let me have just the fun parts?!?!" But then, we wouldn't be who we are today.

Are we sappy sweet where every time someone sees us they say "Awwwwwweeee!" Nope.
Are we onery to the point that people wonder why we don't just call it quits?" Nope.
Are we real people loving each other and letting the Lord work on us still every single day? You bet'cha!

Becuase I know this much.

The Lord KNEW that no one else could handle this little firey redhead with mercy, grace and love like My Man can. He KNEW that no other man on this planet would find this short, chubby walking ball of cellulite sexy other than My Man. He KNEW that no other man could make it thru one day with my sassiness and not want to give up because of hurt feelings like My Man. He KNEW that no other man could take watching the few moments when let my walls down and become vulnerable like My Man. He KNEW that no other man can lift me up at just the right time becuase he knows just how like My Man. And boy am I grateful that He KNEW just the right mixture that this crazy woman would need to be called a beloved wife.






















Happy Anniversary, Handome. Thank you for more than I could even pretend to count. "You're the best! And you take care of us." HAHAHAHAHA!

PS: I found this from another anniversary post and it brought me back to tears.

1 comment:

The Proctors said...

Awe!! Happy Anniversary to you guys!!