Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Helping God Out"

Wow. I had to stop the Bible Study and blog about what I just read.

I had to blog about this because I need to remember this.

Read Genesis 16.

It's the story of Hagar and Sarai.

Basically in the prior chapters God has promised Abram and Sarai a child. Come chapter 16, Sarai thinks she needs to "help God out". Help speed the process up a little.

Ashamedly I say...my phrase used to always be "God is just missing an opportunity to be early."

So, Sarai manipulates the situation.

And here's what Beth Moore has to say about it:

"Anything you have to manipulate to get...is rarely yours to keep."

Thump!

How many times have we tried that? Instead of sitting and resting in God, we tried to take control...do it better...make it work?

That's not what God wants from us! He just wants us to trust that HE KNOWS WHAT IS BEST for us and He is working it out.

So quit being scared and trying to fix it. If His hand is in it, it was never broken to begin with!

1 comment:

bec said...

Hmm...I have a feeling this blog is somewhat directed at me...