Thursday, November 19, 2009

Alone


I took this the other day because I thought it was beautiful.

But then I thought...

Have you ever felt like this leaf?

Everything around you seems different than you...
You wonder when you are going to "catch up"...
You feel like you are hanging on by a thread and at any moment you will fall off...

I have.

Many times.

But it is at those times I realize...

I want to be different...
I don't want to catch up to this world...
I want to fall off and soar on wings like eagles...

And the best part is?

God wants that for me too.

To feel alone in this worldly place, because it's not about me.
To find my rest in Him, because it's not about me.
To find my solace in those He sent to me, because it's not about me.

Thank you, Lord. Thank you.

No comments: