Monday, July 26, 2010

How Did I Get Here?

I have never wondered how I get from point A to point B. It just happens. It's easy to follow that road map.

For instance:
Fall in love = Get married
A few years of marriage = Have babies
Make a grocery list = Go shopping
Find a new house = Buy a new house
Work hard = Get a promotion

See...Point A = Point B

But what happens when you look up one day and last you knew you were somewhere around G or H...rocking along...doing and being what you should do and be...

And then you look up and realize that you are somehow...somewhere around Q-ish!

How did I get here?

I thought things were normal! I thought I was walking down the path! Happy, healthy, choices, decisions...being a perfectly fine grown up here.

Wrong! How did things get so messed up? How am I sitting here in my hotel room being blown away by the idea of point Q-ish? I thought the Lord had delivered me from this? What is happening in my mind and heart right now? How have I found myself at this point?

Now...the question is Lord...what am I going to do about it?

1 comment:

bec said...

True words. Great reflection. Lots of prayers.