Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Finally

My Hubs love, LOVE, L-O-V-E-S baseball! And I kinda like it myself (as long as someone isn't hurling a ball at MY head, we're friends). My BFF loves baseball, my Baby Boy loves baseball, he has a baseball room even. One of my favorite family photos taken of us this spring was of the 3 of them playing baseball in the field.

The only thing we haven't done is take them to an actual game.

I know, right?!?!? Becky L is probably about to pass out right now. But I know my kids and know we probably wouldn't last too long at one.

Until now.

Granted, they didn't make it the entire time, but 7th inning stretch isn't too bad, huh?

Hubs' work had their company "picnic" there for their employees and their families. We got there and had traditional ballpark food and then had a whole section reserved for us. It was quite fun.

Until the vendors began to walk thru with all matter of sugary things that the kids just had to have even though they just stuffed themselves. And had they waited just a little bit with the whining, they might have scored.

But the whining...with this momma...they struck out.

Bah-dum-pum

So, since extra snacks and bank breaking was out of the question, I brought out Nikki and snapped away.

It took me forever because dude was so danged fast, but I love this shot. Look closely and you can see the ball...



And of course, here's my two darling sugary monsters now...




But then, shortly after the game started, I looked over and saw something. Something that I'm pretty sure my Hubs has been dying to do since he could even think of being a Daddy.

This...



And he's safe...

No comments: