Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'm Gonna Be Fine. Trust Me.

I'm at least gonna try to be.

You see...My Boy is trying really hard to grow up on me. I have kindly asked him not to, but he is just so dern stubborn! His feet are almost as big as mine and he's approaching 87.5 feet tall as we speak.

But that's not what has this momma sitting here wondering if she's gonna make it thru the next 48 hours. I'll wake up in a few hours and spend my last day with my little boy. And I'll have to pack a lunch and lay out some kickin clothes and load up a Bumblebee backpack to get it all ready to make one more step to pull back my bow and let him go.

To Kindergarten.

I have such mixed feelings about this day. I mean, there have been times over the last 5.5 years that I honestly thought...we will NEVER. MAKE. IT. TO. KINDERGARTEN!!! I just don't think there is anyway. So I've wiped my brow about a bagillion times just for the fact that we MADE IT! I mean, he hasn't already been sent home with a note from the principal (even though he hasn't even started, but hey...it's MY BOY). So whew! We can do this.

But then again...All I can see when I look at him is my Baby Boy. How in the world did he grow up? Where in the world did he go?

And then I found these and realized...he hasn't gone anywhere!


You entered all our hearts the moment you entered this world


You are still one of the only 2 boys who can melt my heart at the drop of a hat.


Your 'Dumbo Ears' are the softest and sweetest things I can ever remember encountering in my life. I sure am glad you still have them.


You (and your sister) still piling in my lap can make me feel more whole than ever (just a little more slightly crushed now :-))


THIS face can still make me laugh~cry all at the same time.


Your laugh is still one of the most infectious sounds around. And I'm not the only one who believes that, My Boy.


You still think your sister hung the moon.


Your lips...enough said.


Your stares can still make me swoon.


Your smile can still light up the entire room.


You still do whatever you can to make someone else laugh.


Your joy still oozes over and splashes onto everyone else.


Your "I'm Up to Something" look STILL means you're up to something.

Your heart is still as big as your cowboy hat!

So...I guess I don't have that much to worry about. You are still my little boy.

Just now you're headed into a Big Boy world where I'll have to share you with even more people.

People who will never be the same!

Congratulations, Luke! I'm so proud of you.

No comments: