Sunday, September 30, 2012

Double Digits Make Me Double Hurt

She went and did it.  She went from single digits to the double digits. 

Who authorized this?



I think I shall file a complaint with the HR department...

But until then, as I sat down to write this post and tried to reflect on what I wanted My Girl to come back and read one day, I could only think of one word to sum up what I want to say to her.

Adore!

My Dearest Belle,



This past year has definately been one for the record books!  It has been a year of ups and downs and all arounds.  But this year has made me fall more and more in love with you and who you are becoming.  It makes me excited to see what this next year holds for you as you become more the little lady that God is designing you to be!



Girl...you amaze me daily!  Your tender heart.  Your compassion for people.  I'll never understand where you go that quiet spirit of yours.  (Because we all know it did NOT come from me!)  HA!  Even when your brother is so stinkin mean to you, in the end you still show him love.  Sometimes it comes after a swift jab to the stomach, but whatever. 



I adore how quick whitted you are.
I adore how beautiful you are on the outside.
I adore your freckles.



I adore your desire to be more "girly" every day.
I adore that you strive for modesty.
I adore that you turn into "character" when you sing.



I adore that you know you have something special when you sing, but are so shy about it.
I adore that you want me to drum on your round belly.
I adore that you call a "safety" before you break wind.



I adore that you sometimes go thru my stuff so you can be like me.
I adore that you still think you are a 1 year old in your daddy's lap.





I adore that you let our discipline change your actions.
I adore that you argue with me just as loud as I argue with you. (sometimes notsomuch)
I adore how smart you are.



I adore listening to you read Scripture.
I adore your prayers thanking God for "supplying all of our needs and sometimes our wants".



I adore your feet (even though they stink).
I adore when you look me square in the eyes and say "hold me".



I adore you, Isabella!
Love,
Mommy


No comments: