Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sweet Yet Sad Valentine

The Sunday before Valentine's Day was to be our last official day at our church.  I already knew it was going to be super tough on us so I thought...why not make it even tougher on others, right?!?!?!

So...I had this idea...messages in a bottle.  To the key people who had a deep impact on my kids while at oneChurch.  I let them pick who all that was to be.  My Boy chose our pastor Paul and his 4 D-Group teachers.  My Girl chose our pastor Paul and her 2 D-Group teachers.

I went to Hobby Lobby (aka The Mothership) and found little plastic bottles, some red wax that looked like sand, some twine and some corks.  I took bonded paper and tore it to look old and here's what we came up with...


The labels said:

"Let us not love with just words but with actions and in Truth..."  1 John 3:18
Thank you for loving me!

Then the kids proceeded to write notes to each of those people thanking them for what they did for them during our time at oneChurch.

Needless to say...tears were the word of the morning as each special person read their note. 

We love love love LOVE the folks of oneChurch so very much and am so thankful for the almost 2 years we got to spend with them and the forever friends that came out of it.  I'm thankful for the time to just let our family heal and rest to be prepared for what was to come next!

No comments: